Internship Role: Technology Intern
Duration: 6 Months
- Source parliamentary questions from Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha websites, adapt and use available open-source code to index the questions
- Use web scraping tools/bots to source news reports on suicide from English language e-papers and online publications, and extract data relevant to the SIREN scorecard
- Extract data on article characteristics, socio-demographic, and case-specific data
- Commit approximately 15-20 hours per week.
- B.Tech (completed/last year of degree) or Master’s degree (ongoing) in Computer Science
- Must have demonstrable experience with using open-source tools/bots for web scraping purposes
- Familiary with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Must be fluent in English
- Interest in Public health/mental health/suicide prevention
- Ability to work independently.
Apply at firstname.lastname@example.org
More details: here