Role: Associate General Counsel (Product)
About the company:
Coinbase has built the world’s leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the crypto-economy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play like a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
- Provide full product life-cycle counseling for a variety of platform and backend products. You will ensure product compliance with applicable local and U.S. laws and regulations, in close collaboration with colleagues in Legal and Compliance teams.
- Provide thought leadership and strategic direction on novel digital currency, blockchain technology legal and regulatory issues
- Lead complex and global cross-functional efforts, driving and ensuring cross-functional alignment with all internal stakeholders (Business Development/Sales, Product/Engineering, Business Development/Sales, Compliance).
- Proactively solve processes and other problems for the business as they plan and execute on an accelerated and aggressive global growth plan.
- Provide practical in-depth analysis on APAC-related legal issues and risks, complex products and company policies in a risk-tolerant, but the compliance-oriented environment, including the impact on the company’s long-term strategy to business, compliance, and legal audiences.
- Experience counseling global products (outside of the U.S.), including in India. Experience with other APAC countries is preferred.
- Current legal license in an APAC jurisdiction. Legal license in India preferred.
- Dual licensed with current U.S. law license preferred.
- Substantial experience providing legal counsel at a top tier tech or fintech company.
- Experience working on payments systems, identity, data systems, onboarding and/or technical infrastructure products.
- Familiarity with the following laws: money transmission laws, banking and payment services regulations, AML/KYC laws, global privacy regulations, data localization laws, securities regulations, sanctions laws.
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and preconceived notions of what is possible. Get to “yes” approach in working with the business.
- Excellent judgement, analytical rigor, clear communication, and business pragmatism.
- Top-notch analytical skills with experience owning projects from concept to finish.
- Team-oriented and collaborative.
Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2668562797/