Job Opening: Norther Tools + Equipment
Job Role: Legal Operations Associate
PQE: 5 years
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Ensures all legal invoices are paid in a timely and accurate manner by managing all legal budgeting and billing, creating and maintaining legal billing guidelines, reviewing for completeness, and coding all invoices to the correct department.
- Prepares legal correspondence and other documents for in-house attorneys, senior leaders, and outside legal counsel.
- Partners with internal retail and customer care employees to resolve customer issues pre-litigation as they arise, including preparing a simple release document.
- Organizes, manages, and tracks all internal contracts with the assistance of a contract repository software.
- Maintains, updates, renews, and reviews intellectual property portfolio with the assistance of outside counsel and in-house counsel.
- Sets up electronic litigation files for all pending and threatened litigation and tracks claim status in concert with outside counsel and third-party administrator.
- Routes corporate documents for electronic signature.
- Maintains and updates all corporate legal files, data, and tracking systems.
- Acts as a knowledge hub for outside counsel engagements, including managing external counsel engagement letters and responding to questions about law firm engagements
- Continuously seeks to learn and deepen knowledge, ask questions, optimize workflows, and propose improvements to process, technology, or employee experience
- Assists legal team with gathering responsive documents for subpoenas and discovery requests, as needed.
- Assists in-house attorneys with p-card reconciling, calendar management, scheduling meetings and booking travel as necessary.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinates and communicates plans and activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned.
- Associates Degree in Legal Support or related field preferred (or equivalent experience).
- At least five (5) years of experience.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly resourceful and solution-oriented.
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and OneNote required.
- Expert level proficiency with Adobe Acrobat required.
- Some experience with Docusign preferred.
- Handles confidential information with the utmost judgment and discretion.
- Adapts own thinking to meet changing circumstances, unexpected constraints, and challenges.
- Responsive to customer needs by providing prompt, appropriate solutions.
- Takes responsibility for personal learning and development and applies knowledge to effectively carry out own role.