Job Opening: Sirion Labs
Job Role: Engineering Manager
PQE: 15-22 years
- Engineering Manager who can lead multiple development teams in frequently shipping high quality software, and drive several Engineering initiatives to fruition. Join us in our transformational journey as we innovate and add exciting new features to our product.
- Strong CS fundamentals in OOD, DS, Algorithms and Problem Solving for a wide variety of problem spaces and technologies.
- Expert coder in any modern language such as Java, Golang or Scala.
- Experience in working with Product and Engineering leaders to drive and implement platform and product vision.
- Ability to leverage deep and wide knowledge of technology stack to recommend appropriate architecture and design solutions, and provide technical leadership to a team of rock star Software Engineers.
- Can translate the impact of design choices on non-functional attributes like scalability, performance, availability and security.
- Experience in providing leadership, career guidance, performance management, prioritization and personnel management for minimum team size of 10.
- Experience creating large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed web applications with databases, and designing web services, APIs, data models and schemas, using SQL or NoSQL.
- Experience with Cloud environments, such as AWS.
- Comfortable in Windows and Linux environments.
- Comfortable with different data storage solutions such as Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, ElasticSearch, SQL, Hadoop, or MongoDB.
- Experience delivering high quality software following continuous delivery and using code quality tools (JIRA, GitHub, Jenkin, Hudson, Sonar, PMD, Checkstyle, Findbugs, and Fortify etc.).
- Worked in Agile environments previously.
- Good command of development metrics, methodologies and tools.
- Will ensure timely and frequent delivery of high quality software, while adapting technical decisions to the immediate needs of the business.
- Good analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Can drive adoption of best practices across the Software Engineering Lifecycle, including reviews, source control, build processes, continuous integration and deployment.
- Can develop and maintain cross-functional relationships and alignment.
- Cares about software getting shipped frequently.
- Deeply values software quality.
- Takes pride in adding value to organizational goals.
- Believes in team work.
- Communicates well.
- Flexible, nimble and motivated about working in a fast-paced startup
Good-to-have Skills For This Role
- Experience with Docker, CloudFoundry, NGINX, or 12 factor app.
- Experience with service discovery solutions, including Consul.
- Comfortable with Python and other scripting languages.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies.
- Implemented complex third party integrations.
- Have transitioned software from monolithic to micro services.