Job Opening: Vakilsearch
Role: Principal Associate/ Manager (Legal Documentation)
PQE: 7-8 years
CTC: 18 Lakhs p.a.
Areas of Expertise: Corporate and Business Law, Commercial Law, Real Estate, Intellectual Property, Business Licenses & Registration, Human Resource, and Labour Law
Reporting to: CEO/Founding Partner
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Looking for a candidate with excellent management and leadership skills and strong business acumen to take over a leading role as the head of the legal documentation department.
- The candidate shall be proactively involved in providing legal, business-focused advice to the business and clients, managing the legal documentation team, coordinating with the senior management of all departments on legal aspects of business, and implementing legal initiatives and processes in the legal documentation team and across the business.
- The primary role shall involve advising, supervising, and managing the team of corporate lawyers and other members of the legal department with respect to end-to-end legal drafting and negotiation skills in commercial, corporate, and business documents/ agreements in order to deliver legal services, accomplish corporate goals and acquire businesses/clientele; drafting of complex legal documents including but not limited to high-value transactions and deals, investment agreements, etc.; and conducting and facilitating to continuous legal trainings.
- The candidate shall be exposed to the entire clientele from across the business and shall provide requisite legal advisory to the clients based on their business needs and legal compliance.
- Being a Legal-Tech start-up, the Head of Legal Documentation, the candidate shall be required to maintain coordination with senior management and other stakeholders of all departments in terms of legal aspects, including but not limited to integration of legal and technology.
- Apart from being extremely proficient in legal communication and interpretational skills, the candidate will be required to work in a fast-paced environment and rapidly scaling business with general legal responsibilities.
- The candidate should be result and service driven with good problem legal solving skills and, be adaptable and flexible to work and handle multiple simultaneous tasks, be proactive and self-motivated, and have a keen eye for developing the business.
LLM in Business/Company Law.
Professional experience as in-house counsel for start-ups/established companies or senior role at top tier law firms.
Proficient in English, Hindi and preferably Tamil.
Apply at: email@example.com