Role: Cyber Security Analyst
PQE: 1-2 Years
Key Responsibilities Of The Cyber Security Analyst
- Handle incidents and alerts on a daily basis by utilising Microsoft cloud solutions, log analysis, malware sandboxing, and speaking to other IT teams and users as required.
- Ensure that all incidents are contained, investigated and remediated properly and in accordance with our procedures
- Operate the firm’s Vulnerability Management solution and provide reports and metrics to IT Operations and IT Risk
- Monitor for new vulnerabilities being released and update the team on any potential exploit indicators to look for and how to patch / protect against the vulnerabilities
- Work across the UK and India Cyber Security team – reporting upwards, sharing knowledge across the wider team, and maintaining regular contact (critical for part-time remote working)
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in incident handling, security monitoring, general estate (on prem and cloud) security posture
- Support penetration tests and improvement projects – ensuring all are delivered smoothly
- Support and input into compliance monitoring activities
- Liaise with Architecture, IT Operations, Network Security and IT Risk for new projects, incidents, vulnerabilities and other issues
- Provide input for audits as required
- Gather and provide metrics relating to vulnerabilities, patching, incidents and threats
- Support and be part of the on-call rota, if appropriate, once you have built up experience to do so.