Job Opening: Clifford Chance
Job Role: Risk Manager
- Oversee the delivery of, and continually improve the Enterprise Risk Managemnt (ERM) Framework, including development and tracking of Risk Appetite and Key Risk Indicators.
- Draft and present regular risk reporting to management, up to and including the Executive Leadership Group and Audit & Risk Committee.
- Conduct and oversee regular and on-going risk assessments in line with the Firm’s Risk Management Framework, ensuring they are performed across all regions and in key functions. Evaluate risk levels and implications, work with regions and key functions to formulate action plans and track action items to mitigate key risks
- Work with Global Programme Group to manage risk and compliance issues with projects across the network. Act as the risk liasion for key projects, providing SME input from a risk perspective.
- Remain abreast of best practice risk processes and prepare and deliver ad-hoc training and communications on risk management topics and trends.
- Where required by the CRCO, oversee various incident reporting logs.
- Retain a solid knowledge of the operating environment for the firm, including an knowledge of the wider legal sector as well as developments at key comparable Firms and clients.
- As may be requested by the CRCO from time to time, compile and alayse data and information about the Firm, its practices and regulatory obligations.
- Act as a primary contact for the business where risk matters are concerned, escalating to CRCO and/or consulting other stakeholders as and when required.
- Maintain relationships across the network to ensure business and enterprise risks are regularly escalated to the team.
- Drive the development and embedding of risk management activity into key processes as and when required by functional management.
- Act as primary liaison with Internal Audit to oversee assurance activity and ensure integration between IA and ERM, including overseeing completion of Legal, Risk & Compliance audit findings.
- Own supplier relationships with key risk suppliers.
- Manage the development of the Risk team and acting as a point of escalation for the team as required.
- Represent the firm in client audits and meetings, providing business risk or enterprise risk input as and when required.
- Represent the Risk & Compliance function on committees, project boards and working groups as and when required, keeping Risk & Compliance team members informed of developments and coordinating comments from the broader Risk & Compliance function.
- Significant experience in a similar role
- Delivery of ERM frameworks or similar in a professional services context
- Demonstrable evidence of developing teams.
- Risk management experience within a regulated environment
- Knowledge of the legal sector preferred
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of risk practices and techniques
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels in the firm, building a consensus on course of action
- Abilty to work on your own and lead where required
- Broad knowledge of operations across all aspects of a professional services firm
- Clear commercial awareness and ability to communicate risks in an insightful way that is appropriate for different audiences
- Proficient in Office suite
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Degree level or equivalent
- Professional qualification in Risk Management (e.g. IRM) would be beneficial
Application Link: Click here