Job Opening: Olam Global Business Services (OGBS)
Role: Legal Operations Manager/ Co-Ordinator
About the company:
Olam Global Business Services (OGBS) is a captive unit that offers End to End business process and analytics solutions. OGBS currently offers its solutions in 6 Platforms: Finance, Supply Chain, People services, Risk & Market Compliance, Big Data Analytics and Business Intelligence. At this moment, OGBS is located in the city of Chennai, India and provides its services to over 20 countries.
Olam GBS has received Best Shared Services in India Award – 2019, by Shared Services Forum and Asia’s No.1 Shared Services in Process Improvement and Value Creation, 2019 by Shared Services and Outsourcing Network Forum
This role will be based in Chennai and will report to the Global Legal Compliance and Operations Manager, based in London. The main objective of the role is to support the Legal function with the execution and operation of critical legal operational initiatives and projects at global level.
- Working collaboratively with and be accountable to the entire Legal function team in relation to their various initiatives and operational requirements.
- Defining, with key stakeholders, the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time schedule, and detailed work allocation and fully understand business requirements of the legal function,
- Engaging with stakeholders to optimise and simplify function tools and processes using and implementing appropriate technology to assist.
- Serving as the key contact for the project stakeholders, and an escalation point for project issues.
- Organising, monitoring and controlling activities to ensure achievement of plans and use of the available resources,
- Ensuring projects and operations follow sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with Olam internal directives and procedures.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the legal operations and legal technology space, and continually seeking to find way so of improving internal processes in consultation with key stakeholders. Provide updates to Legal Exco.
- Monitoring and reporting on successful progress of initiatives, organising workgroups and encouraging progress and reporting Preparing presentations for function reviews and initiative progress,
- Ensuring optimum usage of Legal activities/litigation/IP tracking database (Dilitrust) and ensuring it is kept up to date and working to implement periodic validation steps and processes to achieve this,
- Development and production of Legal Management metrics,
- Development of IP management system leveraging off the Dilitrust tool,
- Development of and assistance with effective internal and external Legal Communications activities,
- Preparation of materials for BAC updates,
- Research, subscription and coordination on fit for purpose publications, courses and external speaker events – internal education,
- Develop legal function excellence through reference to CLOC guidelines,
- Keep up to date and informed about any change in strategy & technology and external developments and best practice in legal operations and legal technology,
- Planning and coordination of Legal training program with Global Legal Compliance and Operations Manager, HR and Shared Services Group and ensuring that the implementation of such programs are in line with prescribed requirements.
- Educated to degree level preferably in a relevant subject like IT, engineering, economics, business etc.
- Operations management knowledge or experience interpreting business requirements and implementing them into tangible outcomes.
- Able to influence and work across business units/countries at all levels of seniority
- Solid understanding of in-house legal departments is beneficial.
Application Link: Click here