Role: Legal Operations Manager
Location: Chennai, India
- The main responsibilities will be to support the Legal, CoSec and SIS COO team in managing all the onboarding and in-life due diligence requirements for all third parties engaged by the LCS function, ensuring compliance with all Third Party Risk Management (“TPRM”) requirements within the Bank.
- Ensuring adherence to all Operational Risk Governance by all stakeholders involved
- Effectively project manage and co-ordinate various due diligence tasks including, but not limited to, anti-bribery and corruption, data privacy and third party security risk and ensure quality and timely execution.
- Make timely and sound judgments, and identify clear solutions from broad, complex or ambiguous situations.
- Interact with all levels of management within the Bank while performing TPRM related tasks for service providers across all of the Bank’s markets.
- Effectively communicate the risks to internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate and manage relationships with stakeholders globally.
- Work with the Head of Supplier Performance in the delivery of the Review of Global/Specialist/Country Legal Panel Reviews
- Provide appropriate support to teams including planning initiatives, updating due diligence trackers, identifying and reporting risks and issues
- Assist in identifying key stages of the Sourcing Process within Country
- Ensure that you have an ability to navigate through the Banks policies and standards
- Ensure Project Governance framework is adhered to and requisite documentation is completed
- Support the Head of Supplier Performance on reporting, including meeting preparation and monitoring of follow-up actions with the Legal Management Team and broader risk groups (ABC, Privacy, TPSR etc)
- Maintain ServiceNow, SharePoint and Bridge Sites to ensure that Programme documents are up-to-date and shared with stakeholders
- Manage a register of Service Providers and ensure that deficiencies are mitigated, and appropriately escalated to relevant stakeholders
- Support any training and awareness initiatives relating to the Group Engaging External Counsel Policy and third party risk management relevant to LCS
- Assist in the development of new/amended processes, innovative ways of working and reviewing Service Provider due diligence tasks
- Assist in the forward planning and prioritisation of vendor assessments or requests from internal and external stakeholders, and resource allocations.
- Develop relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders in different markets to understand local conditions and considerations which may impact upon TPRM requirements
- Maintain a register of third party risk managment and ensure that deficiencies are mitigated.
- Support the Head of Supplier Performance to ensure compliance with relevant governance covering third party security risk.
- Monitor and report onLegal, CoSec and SIS’s compliance with third party risk management requirements to stakeholders.
- Diligently provide weekly and ad hoc reporting on status of third party due diligence
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Follow the Leadership of Head of Supplier Performance to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets, Financial Crime Prevention; Creating the Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed “Here for Good” and Group’s brand and values in the TPSR Team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Establish strong relationships with identified stakeholders across the regions and countries and understand their strategic goals, in order to ensure ICS alignment.
- Ensure that Process Owners are escalating risk, control, and process deficiencies appropriately in accordance with the relevant risk frameworks.
- Strong communication skills in English
- Strong Project Management experience, with good understanding of Legal environment
- Ideally experience in information security / IT auditing, with Big 4 and/or Banking & Financial services experience
- Experience in third party audits is a plus, but understanding of auditing standards, compliance, risk assessment and internal control frameworks is a requirement.
- Familiarity with working in a cross-cultural setting.
- Excellent written and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with complex programme structure involving matrix management and various stakeholders
- Strong relationship building skills
- Able to work in a high pressure environment in a geographically and culturally dispersed environment
- Ability to multitask and ensure that all key priorities are delivered as per agreed timelines.
- Competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, SharePoint)
Application Link: Click here