Workshop: Artificial Intelligence Technologies for Legal Documents
Submit By: 10 August 2022
About the Workshop:
The legal domain applies to every aspect of people’s lives and evolves continuously, building a huge network of interlinked legal documents. Therefore, it is important for a government to offer services that make legal information easily accessible to the citizens, enabling them to defend their rights, audit public procurement, or use legislation as part of their job. It is equally important to have professionals (lawyers, judges, administrations, etc.) access legislation in ways that allow them to do their job easily (e.g., they might need to be able to see the evolution of law over time). Despite recent efforts to make all this accessible and transparent to both citizens and the companies involved, the level of implementation in different countries and layers of public administration still makes access difficult. For this reason, in the age of the Web it is important to develop applications for citizens and professionals easily, by connecting the available legal information with other kinds of government or private sector information.
The vision of the AI4LEGAL workshop is to bring together Artificial Intelligence and practitioners to discuss the digitization of legal documents, such as legislation and public procurement data, in today’s interconnected world.
The topics of interest to be covered by the workshop are the following:
- Natural language processing techniques for legal documents
- Legal knowledge graphs
- Knowledge representation and reasoning techniques for legal documents
- Explainable AI for legal documents
- Linked data for legal documents
- Machine learning techniques for legal documents
- Scalable deep learning techniques for legal text analytics
- Machine translation for legal documents
- Question answering for legal documents
- Chatbots for legal documents
- Language resources for digital legal document research and development
- National or international initiatives and digital platforms for legislation
- National or international initiatives and digital platforms for public procurement
- Legal Multilingualism
- Specific application areas (legislation, judicial decisions, case law, compliance, contracts, public procurement)
- Submission due: 10th August 2022
- Notification of acceptance: 10th September 2022
- Camera-ready papers due: 25th September 2022
- ISWC 2022 registration deadline: please check ISWC webpage.
- Workshop: TBD: ISWC 2022 Workshops 23rd-24th October 2022
- All deadlines are 11.59 pm UTC -12h (“anywhere on Earth”).
More Details: Click here