Job Opening: Citi
PQE: 10 years
The individual will have responsibility for one or more regulatory / strategic initiatives:
- Set the direction and execution strategy for regulatory and mandatory projects in Legal incorporating any lessons learnt from previous phases – current/previous project pipeline includes e.g. LIBOR, CSDR, Consent Order, Well Founded Basis,
- Setup projects, workstreams, teams and associated governance often at from the ground up.
- Develop, track and maintain project plans, the status of deliverables and diligent tracking of RAID log;
- Plan, create and execute detailed task list based on high level goals and objectives;
- Ensure various workstreams and projects are kept on track and rigour applied to change requests;
- Act as the key point of contact in Legal for all regulatory change matters leveraging Legal SMEs, and lawyers as appropriate.
- Provide accurate and timely status updates to key stakeholders on progress and blockers pertaining to projects & workstreams
- Manage & coach a matrix team of Legal SMEs business analysts/project managers (c.5) providing direction and guidance to achieve project objectives.
- Document meeting minutes, maintain scorecards and other PMO updates, summarising meeting actions, following up on outstanding items, escalating issues as necessary;
- Manage project risk, issues, assumptions and dependencies with a strong focus on ensuring there are clear owners and resolution dates;
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modification of deliverables verbally or through written documentation – to project managers, vendor teams, sponsors, Citi’s central regulatory coordination team and other stakeholders so that issues and solutions are understood;
- Managing scope creep – impact analysis, applying control and communicating the change and any impact to relevant parties
- Within the workstreams they are responsible for, facilitate finding practical and simple solutions to complicated problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality by guiding and supporting business reviews, performing impact analysis and summarise options & recommendations.
- Participate in vendor/technology demonstrations, testing, quality reviews.
- Manage vendor teams as required, liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure success
- Be diligent with ensuring an audit trail is kept where key decisions are made.
- At least 10 years of experience supporting regulatory projects from a PM/BA perspective
- At least 15 years work experience in Banking & Capital Markets.
- Experience of client outreach and/or legal projects highly beneficial
- Significant people/team management experience.
- Significant experience of managing large scale, complex and regulatory projects
- Deep experience of financial markets in at least one domain e.g. Loans, Derivatives, Securities
- Exposure to any of the following would be beneficial i) client outreach projects ii) LIBOR remediation iii) benchmarking iv) MIFID2 v) UMR.
- Experience in developing comprehensive project plans ideally in MS-Project
- Managing vendor staff, consultants as well as non-direct reports (influencing wider stakeholders to deliver to project goals)
- Excellent interpersonal skills – including good verbal and written communication, presentation skills and the ability to lead and facilitate meetings and workshops with a range of stakeholders.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative problem-solving skills, being able to diagnose root cause of issues
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Visio skills with ability to create business focused presentations and clear process flows.
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high standard.
- Excellent data analysis skills, ability to analyze data using Excel including pivot tables, macros and functions.
- Proven ability to prioritize workload and shift activities to meet business needs and department goals
- Ability to build effective business relationships
- Results-oriented, hardworking, dedicated problem solver with a positive personality and can-do attitude
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.