Deloitte is looking for members for its Legal Management Consulting division in Hyderabad/Gurgaon.
About the Role:
Multinational organizations need personnel who can provide legal business services support in their full lifecycle of process and subject matter challenges and opportunities. Deloitte Legal Business Services (“LBS”) is expanding its Legal Management Consulting (LMC) and Legal Managed Services (LMS) business to assist our multinational corporate legal business clients with all aspects of legal department consulting, technology, operations, managed services, transformation and efficiency projects. We intend to position Deloitte Legal Management Consulting as the clear market leader.
- Understands financial accounting (income statements, balance sheets, cash flows) and financial, and operational metrics/KPIs (key performance indicators) used by companies, especially as it relates to legal expenses / legal spend.
- Assist leads in delivering corporate legal business engagements for Deloitte clients – primarily focusing on identification of process improvement and operational efficiencies within legal departments ranging from operating model review and redesign through legal department transformation.
- Gather data and prepare financial reporting and analysis preferably in a global organization.
- Deliver corporate legal business engagements for Deloitte clients – primarily focusing on identification of process improvement and operational efficiencies within legal departments ranging from operating model review and redesign through legal department transformation.
- Review the financial reporting and highlight the findings preferably in a global organization.
- Prepare the financial accounting (income statements, balance sheets, cash flows) and financial, and operational metrics/KPIs (key performance indicators) used by companies, especially as it relates to legal expenses/spend.
- Report complex financial information to project leadership and provide clear and concise analysis of the data.
- Ensures application of IT tools to enable processes automation. Proposes improvements and software upgrades.
- Help develop eminence and thought leadership materials.
- Analyze the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and metrics to govern, measure, and track client engagements.
- Report to the USI lead against KPIs and metrics.
- Draft proposals.
- Deliver level appropriate training to the LBS professionals along with the USI LBS lead.
- Advises LBS leadership and senior client stakeholders based on financial / legal process / spend analyses to manage risk, increase productivity, and reduce inefficiencies, while enabling the organization to achieve its overall objectives.
- Lead projects or workstreams as part of larger programs to deliver legal department assessments, redesign and transformation.
Legal Business Services is a service line within Deloitte Tax in India that collaborates and works closely with other Deloitte business units, including Deloitte Advisory and Deloitte Consulting. As a part of the Deloitte network of member firms that spans many countries with thousands of professionals, Deloitte brings global perspectives and deep market and industry knowledge. Today’s multinational organizations need personnel who can support them with day-to-day and life event legal business services , across a multidisciplinary skillset. Deloitte has a long-standing reputation for helping clients navigate complex, cross-border issues.
- At least one of the following accreditations:
- Contract & Commercial Management (CCM) Certification Program
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Project Management Program (PMP)
- Enrolled Agent (EA)
- Or other similar accreditations
- Excellent understanding of the challenges and requirements of an in-house legal department, of diagnostic tools for legal departments and management methodologies for driving operational improvement and efficiency.
- 3 to 15+ years of relevant experience shaping and managing complex services for legal departments with demonstrated experience in legal operations and spend optimization projects.
- Level of familiarity with common legal technologies including eBilling, matter management and workflow.
- Expertise in a wide range of methodologies and project types including spend reviews, strategy reviews, target operating model redesigns and process reengineering.
- Expertise in financial reporting, billing, invoice review and financial management when providing legal operations services to the clients.
- Responsible for the financial management of contracts throughout the engagement lifecycle and people management skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office and other technology skills such as Excel, PPT, Visio, Power BI and Tableau.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Lean Six-Sigma and/or Project Management Professional certification
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills
- Exceptional communication (to both internal and external stakeholders) and collaboration skills
- Superior client presentation skills
- High level of attention to detail, outstanding organization skills and well-developed critical thinking skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and reporting skills