About Free Law Project:
Free Law Project is a small but growing non-profit that uses technology, data, and advocacy to make the legal sector more equitable and competitive. Our constituents include organizations, researchers, journalists, and individuals that are engaging with the legal system, studying it, or building businesses to make it more competitive.
About the role:
They host a unique collection of information about judges that has been collected by librarians and researchers over a period of many years. They need help expanding it further and updating it with the latest available information. At present that will mean researching and adding biographical information for hundreds of California judges. They hope in the future to continue this project and that this position will continue being funded for additional work, but they cannot guarantee that at the moment.
For this position, you must:
- Be proficient with spreadsheets and basic online data entry
For this position, you should:
- Have experience researching and organizing information
- Be able to work independently and flag issues as they arise
For this position, nice-to-haves are:
- Familiarity with legal data and the judicial system
- A background in legal research, librarianship, or information organization.
Application Link: Click here