Job Role: BackEnd Engineer
PQE: 2+ years
- Analyze current technology utilized within the company and develop steps and processes to optimize, improve, expand upon them.
- Establish milestones for necessary contributions from teams and develop processes to facilitate their collaboration and assist other team engineers in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including resource utilization, cost implication and time required.
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution and optimization.
- Work closely with engineering professionals within the company to maintain hardware and software needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Mentor and train other engineers throughout the company and seek to continually improve processes companywide.
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives.
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code thereby designing and implementing low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications.
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic along with security and data protection.
Skill and Qualifications:
- Experience developing engineering applications for a large and important user base.
- Demonstrated project development and leadership skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering is preferred.
- Current understanding of best practices regarding system security measures.
- Advanced education and application of business analysis techniques and strategy.
- Experience with software engineering and customer experience.
- Experience working together with teams from several departments to facilitate the orderly execution of a proposed project plan.
- Professional experience and a high-level understanding of working with various operating systems and their implications.
- Familiarity with cloud based architectures and cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, DigitalOcean.
- Professional work experience in team building and project organization.
- Knowledge of contanerized application using Docker along with understanding of container oschestration platforms like Kubernetes, ECS/EKS, AKS/ACS
- Expert in Python, with knowledge of Django, DRF or other API frameworks, Celery, PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries.
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance.
- Knowledge of user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
- Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Able to create database schemas that represent and support business processes.
- Strong unit test and debugging skills.
- Proficient understanding of Git, Github (Issues, Pull Requests, Actions, Projects).
Application Link: Click here