Job Role: Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
PQE: 3-9 Years
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for mentoring QA initiatives on a variety of different development initiatives.
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Responsible for overall testing of all the ETL and data solutions built over on-premise as well as cloud environment. This includes understanding the requirements, creating test cases/test plans, executing test cases, reporting bugs, working with developers on resolutions of issues, and re-testing the bugs for closure.
- Must be associated and work with large-scale Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Integration, Data Migration, and etc.,
- Ability to design, develop and execute Test Plans & Test Cases and review of all test cases and test scripts with the team and ensure quality and standards are applied correctly.
- Writes test cases for functional/acceptance testing, integration testing, regression testing, performance testing and other testing as necessary
- Executes tests within each sprint cycle, conducts root cause analysis of issues found, and provides detailed and timely reports of test results
- Proactively assess risks and help to find issues as early as possible
- Maintains existing manual regression test suite and updates tests as necessary
- Along the way, you will take a leading role in coaching, guiding, and mentoring junior members in the team and help them scale up and develop their careers.
- Experience: 3years – 9years
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Postgres fundamentals (Management interface, accessing logs, backup-restore, browsing databases, simple queries, permissions, jobs, etc.)
- Experience in using any Version Control tools like GIT, SVN
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving/troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases