Sprint Studio is an interactive online, free, 12-week intensive program that helps future entrepreneurs develop their proof of concept into a market-ready product.
This program helps early-stage startups around the world develop innovative legal tech products and validate their business model. It focuses on initial customer development and building a marketable minimum viable product (MVP).
Participants will be working on the incremental development of their MVP to create a strong feedback loop with potential users. The cohort will engage with online content developed by industry experts, while working closely with various LIZ mentors to progress through program milestones.
Program: Sprint Studio
Duration: 12 weeks (28 September 2021- 14 December 2021)
Application Deadline: 10 September 2021
- Customer Development
- Product Development
- Marketing and Sales
- Be technology-oriented
- Your idea aims to impact legal services
- You have or will have an MVP
- You are looking to develop a proof of concept into a market-ready solution
- You are driven, coachable, and looking to be part of a community of like-minded entrepreneurs
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a willingness to learn
- You are ready to grow your business and are able to invest 3 hours per week for the virtual sessions and will be able to attend a virtual demo day
Application Link: https://lizflp.typeform.com/to/UPEYvn9L
Website Link: https://www.ryerson.ca/zone-learning/legal-innovation-zone/apply/sprint-studio/
Concept Framework is a free, interactive online, 6-week part-time program that will help you explore what it takes to build a legal tech company. Through educational content and ongoing mentorship, this flexible program helps future entrepreneurs create a focus on validating ideas and getting to a Minimum Viable Design of your solution.
Participants will learn how to validate their ideas by engaging with interactive online content and topic experts, while working on weekly goals. Along with the online content, participants receive ongoing support from LIZ mentors throughout the program duration, culminating in a final demo session for the cohort.
Program: Concept Framework
Duration: 6 Weeks
Application: To open in January 2022
- Concept Validation
- Customer Development
- Business Modelling
- Setting up for success
Program Website: https://www.ryerson.ca/zone-learning/legal-innovation-zone/apply/concept-framework/
The incubator supports companies that have a developed product and are already in the market with early sales. This program puts a focus on helping startups find their product-market fit and building an effective growth plan.
Maximum Duration: 16 Months
Applications: Reviewed and accepted on a monthly basis
- Market Positioning
- Growth Focus
- Investment Ready
- A legal system or technology-based innovation that delivers value-based solutions for their identified market;
- The company must have a developed product in the market with early sales/users;
- Full-time commitment, with at least one founder, actively engaging with the LIZ community and programming (you are expected to move into the LIZ);
- Companies with a potential to grow and scale to achieve high impact in the sector;
- A validated business idea and team that fits with the LIZ’s collaborative community;
- A “lean canvas” business model and an effective pitch.
Application Link: https://lizflp.typeform.com/to/NYWQ41qu
Program Website: https://www.ryerson.ca/zone-learning/legal-innovation-zone/apply/incubate/