The incubator supports companies that have a developed product and are already in the market with early sales. This program puts a focus on helping startups find their product-market fit and building an effective growth plan.
Accepted companies are expected to have at least one founder committed full-time to the Zone, actively engaging with the programming.
The LIZ members have access to a variety of exclusive membership benefits including:
- Catered connections to experts, advisors and industry leaders for startup development;
- Collaborative environment and peer-to-peer knowledge transfer;
- Educational workshops and networking opportunities catered to the community;
- Connections to Ryerson University resources, researchers and talent;
- Co-working space in an unbeatable downtown Toronto location;
- Designated workstations, WiFi and access to fully equipped meeting rooms, event space and technology.
To become a member of the LIZ community, a startup must have:
- A legal system or technology based innovation that delivers value based solutions for their identified market;
- The company must have a developed product in the market with early sales/users;
- Full-time commitment, with at least one founder actively engaging with the LIZ community and programming (you are expected to move into the LIZ);
- Companies with a potential to grow and scale to achieve high impact in the sector;
- A validated business idea and team that fits with the LIZ’s collaborative community;
- A “lean canvas” business model and an effective pitch.