Job Opening: Civis
Job Role: Product Associate
PQE: 3-5 years
- Build a compelling strategy and roadmap based on insightful understanding of customer needs and market opportunities.
- Work towards innovation in the realm of public consultations, through novel technology initiatives.
- Define strategic priorities for the organisation’s platform in tandem with the needs of our stakeholders. Roadmapping such priorities, and creating a cohesive strategy for the organisation.
- Manage the roadmap against KPIs and product goals.
- Discover and present new product insights by analysing qualitative and quantitative customer data.
- Conduct user research & user testing to collect new customer insights.
- Working with our technology development partners, developers and Tech4Good corporate volunteers to scope new product developments test new developments rolled out and ensure site performance.
- Partner cross-functionally with our technology development, program, governance and outreach teams to innovate and execute product initiatives across the organisation. Rally these teams to work together towards a common goal; oversee many moving parts to ensure deliverables are met on time.
- Working to support the Governance team on government partnerships through data analysis of on-going consultations.
- Write specs, manage project execution, build UI/UX wireframes, and define product roll-out strategy.
- Develop and maintain internal documentation.
- Monitor site performance metrics and analyse trends emerging (including stakeholder interviews, UI site performance, user trends and metrics).
- Periodically monitoring the organisation’s M&E metrics.
Requirements of the Role:
- 3 to 5 years of product management experience.
- Open Minded; prior experience in the non-profit and Governance sector is not a prerequisite, but you must be open minded to learn about these sectors.
- Empathetic; you understand what users need and issues that your teammates face.
- Execution-oriented; you’re highly organised; you’re comfortable managing many work streams; you know how to make the right trade-offs.
- Solution-oriented; you’re able to think of out-of-the-box solutions that work with limited resources for product challenges.
- Collaborative; you work well with all kinds of people and teams; you’re open to learning from partners and peers.
- Data-driven; you understand how to use data to guide product decisions.
- Clear, structured thinking and excellent communication skills.
- You’re passionate about citizen’s engagement and have volunteering experience.
- You’ve worked in an entrepreneurial environment which needed you to think on your feet and take decisions independently.
- Familiarity with Open Source ecosystems, Ruby on Rails, Angular and emerging technology frameworks.