Job Role: Legal Knowledge Engineer
Location: Remote (Canada)
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop new “smart fields” (machine learning algorithms that can find information) for documents relating to securities and/or financing transactions.
- Working with our product/engineering/design teams to help set the vision for new legal tech products and features within Kira and the rest of Litera.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of developments in your legal domain, and continuously identify new opportunities to build smart fields.
- Work with Legal Knowledge Engineering managers to ensure clients get the most from Kira’s out-of-the-box capabilities, while obtaining feedback to incorporate into the software.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes, gain efficiencies, and share best practices.
What You Bring
- You have two or more years of law practice experience in North American transactional law, Corporate M&A ideally gained at a law firm, in house, or at a legal service provider.
- Experience with legal operations, legal program management, and/or contract management systems is an asset.
- You have strong client service skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You have the ability to learn new technologies quickly and are not intimidated by trying something new.
- You have extraordinary attention to detail and are highly organized.
- You are relentless and a creative problem solver, and your analytical skills are exceptional.
- You have strong time management skills and can successfully juggle multiple priorities.
- You are highly responsible, self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- You empathize with people. Your first instinct when asked for something is to try to find a way to say yes.