PQE: 3-4 years
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and track entity expenses and other legal department expenses.
- Work closely with registered agent billing departments to ensure adherence to Company procedures, including but not limited to accruals and reconciliations.
- Serve as liaison between legal and finance departments on accruals and reconciliations of legal spend.
- Ensure financial controls, procedures, and cost savings related to legal spend.
- Perform analytics within and maintain electronic billing system (Legal Tracker);
- Prepare reports and projections based on this analysis
- Liaise with the internal legal staff, accounts payable and outside counsel to resolve billing issues.
- Collaborate with legal team members and finance in determining proper allocation of legal expenses.
- Support additional legal operations initiatives over time and as needed.
- 3-4 years of relevant experience required;
- Bachelor’s degree;
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Prior experience either in legal department operations, law firm billing, or asset management finance department.
- Substantive knowledge of electronic billing solutions.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel (including formulas, VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables and macros), Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to think strategically and exercise good judgment, while simultaneously maintaining day-to-day operations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a professional environment.
- Time management and prioritization capabilities.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A self-starter, problem-solver, and willing to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong personal and professional ethics