Role: Associate Manager, Legal Operations
Location: Bengaluru, Karnataka
- To ensure the true and fair accounting of all expenses related to bank legal spending and law firm payments.
- The role holder will be responsible for assisting the Group/Country legal teams in raising purchase orders and submitting invoices for timely payments in accordance with the policies and procedures and ensure overall control & governance standards & processes meet internal & regulator requirements.
- The role holder will also be responsible to support-related reporting and helping to coordinate a variety of wider initiatives within the Legal COO team.
- Process the Purchase Orders / Invoices within the SLA TAT
- Accurate and real-time update of the status tracker
- Follow up with business functions [PO Approvers, Country/Group Legal , R2P, etc] to ensure settlement of vendor spend (within credit terms)
- Providing accurate and timely resolution of all queries relating to PO/Invoice processing
- Oversight on Legal spend accruals and, recharges ensuring no impact to bank P&L due to prior period bookings, timing difference and under / over accruals
- Ensure the process is in line with [POI]
- Monitor the invoices delayed on account of receipt of complete Information from stakeholders and Delay from R2P.
- Proactively escalating issues in a timely manner, where additional technical skills or authority are required.
- Provide assistance on migration of new projects in line with operating mode
- Analyse opportunity for automation and provide input for the same & liaise with the technology on automation
- Building strong partnerships with all internal/external stakeholders that allow end-to-end seamless delivery
People & Talent: Not Applicable
- Apply all relevant Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures to manage risks.
- To undertake periodic self-assessment on key controls to assess the proper functioning and adequacy of existing controls.
- In the event of serious regulatory breaches, or where risk tolerances have been breached, ensure senior management are informed and that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group&rsquos Values and Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Bachelors or masters degree in commerce, accounting, tax or finance or CMA (ICWA), CS, CA -Intermediate level.
Application Link: Click here