Job Opening: Tata Group
Location: Mumbai, Maharashtra
PQE: 2-3 years
This group of positions is responsible for the delivery and administration of legal services to ensure the issues of risk and governance within the business are aligned to corporate goals.
- Assess and manage legal risks faced by various TCL entities, including legal risk assessment for new product launches, extending operations in new geographies, cross-border telecom deals etc.
- Provide legal assistance to Board of TCL and TCIPL for information requests.
- Provide advice and legal expertise to BUs for resolution of disputes around litigations and arbitrations, police cases, statutory filings, licensing requirements, audit findings, business investment roadblocks, land disputes, accounting and taxation, etc.
- Supervise outside counsel in processing all court proceedings (including arbitrations, mediations and tribunals) around the world.
- File new patent applications as appropriate and manage existing patent portfolio.
- Oversee all trademark activity. Support Tata Sons trademark applications and trademark litigations.
- Conduct legal research and analysis on selected topics, prepares memoranda, position papers upon request.
- Resolve complex and general commercial transactions. Act as main liaison point for banking and financing transactions.
- Monitor filing and closure of claim settlements.
- Prepare quarterly litigation report for presentation to Board. Draft contracts and negotiate.
- Build and supervise a ‘legal help desk’ of experienced attorneys to handle global transactions of day-to-day commercial matters relating to the sale of voice, data and mobility services as well as procurement matters. The function ensures adherence to regulatory requirements by constant updation of internal systems in line with evolving regulatory requirements.
Outline of the Role:
- Work efficiently and productively with broad instruction to provide commercial transaction support to business teams maintain database.
- Assist more senior litigation counsel in document production and filing requirements.
- Work with outside counsel on court proceedings, provides data and conducts legal research.
- Assist with the drafting and formatting of commercial agreements and/or legal documents.
Education: J.D., LLB, LLM (or a foreign equivalent)
Application Link: Click here