Job Opening: Clifford Chance
Job Role: Legal Project Analyst
PQE: 4+ years
Working in collaboration with the Legal Project Managers (LPMs) and Legal Project Executives (LPEs), utilising Legal Support Secretaries (LSS) and other available Business Services resources as appropriate, the Project Analyst will take responsibility for the financial administration and organisation of selected matters.
This will include some or all of the following aspects (depending on the nature of the matter):
- Preparing fee reports for internal and external clients, with supervision from LPMs or LPEs.
- Preparing budget and forecasting tools, and using fee reports to make recommendations to the legal team.
- Conduct analysis on data, such as leverage and profitability calculations.
- Using defined templates, SOPs and tools to produce reports useful for the matter team.
- Identifying opportunities for using existing reports and tools, and adapting them as required.
- Understanding matter processes and how they could be improved, and creating a tool to address a need.
- Working on Clifford Chance Best Delivery tools such as CC Connect and KIRA in updating fee reports, extending accesses to the site to the matter team, third parties and client, uploading and downloading of documents
- Drafting and circulating time recording guidelines to matter teams, considering appropriate time recording practices and client-specific requirements.
- Tracking CC and third party fees against budgets/fee estimates for the File Partner, Managing Associate and client.
- Provide a suite of financial and profitability reporting.
Matter Support and Coordination
- Reviewing draft invoices, and identifying and checking amendments.
- Attending CC matter team meetings and client calls, preparing meeting agendas, and drafting and circulating actions following meetings.
- Assist in tracking Out of Scope work by reviewing Action Log and by analyzing timesheets submitted by lawyers on a matter.
- Assist in keeping a track of breach of assumptions mentioned in the engagement letter/contract.
- Preparing Resource planner, Working Parties List
- Providing useful analysis using profitability dashboards for crucial decision making for partners.
- Assisting project managers with organizing and controlling project activities .
- Organising communications among the CC and client teams such contacts lists, distribution lists, absence planning and access to key documents.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent MS Excel, VBA, Access Knowledge is preferable.
- Dashboard & Management Reporting is preferred .
- Knowledge on Power Pivots is desired but not mandatory .
- Must have strong commitment to quality, detail orientation, customer service & drive for results to ensure maximum system utilization & data integrity.
- Excellent communication, problem solving & developing, organizational & analytical skills required.
- Understanding of financial terms (like net fees, profitability, recovery, Debt details e.t.c are required).
- able to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritise appropriately and delegate to others where appropriate.
- able to constructively raise concerns about priorities and capacity Relationship building and networking; able to work collaboratively with other teams, such as the LSS or Billing community
- Flair for technology .
- Experience of working on project management software.
- Able to break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Assign tasks to internal teams such as secretaries, LSS, Billing and track progress made.
- Help LPMs prepare fee estimates.
- Monitor project progress and help LPMs handle any issues (non-legal aspect of the project/matter).
Professional Expertise & Qualification
- Master’s degree or equivalent (Finance domain will be an added advantage).
- 4 + years of work experience in a corporate/MNC.
- Prior experience of working in MIS department with financial reports experience in a progressive corporate/MNC with prior experience of resource planning and work allocation.
Application Link: Click here