Job Role: Project Manager – R&D Hub (Agile/SAFe)
About the company:
Clifford Chance is a truly integrated global law firm that operates as one organisation throughout the world. We are committed to providing the highest quality professional advice, in combining technical expertise with a deep understanding of the commercial environment in which our clients operate.
The Firm has a pioneering history in providing solutions that help our clients manage risk and highly complex issues in the smartest and most efficient way possible. The Innovation & Best Delivery Programme has grown substantially over the past few years through the three strands of Create, Applied Solutions and Best Delivery:
Create focuses on joining forces with clients, industry innovators, breakthrough technologists and established market players to explore new technologies, business models and ways of working to stay at the forefront of the developments that shape the sector and the Firm’s future client service model.
Best Delivery ensures that we can deliver an outstanding client experience on every matter, every time. Our application of continuous improvement principles, smart technology and the most efficient and effective resources are all geared to improving outcomes for our clients’ business.
- Reporting to the Portfolio Project Manager, is responsible for helping to drive delivery through effective project planning including the setting and tracking of milestones, deliverables and dependencies in line with defined agile methodologies and strategic roadmaps
- Working together with the Product Team, Technology Lead & Lead Developer, is responsible for prioritizing and managing agile product development including backlog prioritization and ensuring that the agreed agile processes are being followed.
- Communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help to manage risk and create transparency through consistent reporting. Provide accurate project status reports against milestones, project expenditure against budget and benefit realization to all stakeholders;
- Collaborate with technical teams and subject matter experts to establish the solution and analyze compromises between usability and performance needs;
- Ensure projects start, progress and finish with a defined and detailed scope including time, cost and governance parameters; Develops, reviews and gains agreement of project plans, allocates resources and work packages to accomplish project objectives;
- Plan and mitigate project risks to acceptable levels to ensure project objectives and deliverables are achieved, communicating all risk mitigation steps relevant stakeholders;
- Prepare and communicate various project related documentation including; Project Board information, project briefs, exception reports and options papers;
- Utilize the R&D Hub Delivery Framework and project management tools to plan, manage and communicate throughout every stage of the project;
- Ensure projects comply with all internal Clifford Chance policies, procedures and regulations;
- Contribute to the lessons learnt process and champion organizational learning.
Experience/ Skills/ Knowledge:
- Solid background in digital product management project management; experience of agile and lean project delivery
- SAFe Agilist, Prince2, Agile Project Management or other recognised project management qualifications preferable;
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages, including Project, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
- Ability to lead, develop and manage multi-disciplinary teams across multiple global locations;
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness in dealing with global customers and suppliers;
- Excellent communication skills in order to engage with stakeholders at all levels of the business;
- A strong customer centric approach and can lead by example; and
- A strong desire to solve problems and contribute to a positive and supportive learning environment.; willing to challenge and question assumptions; propose alternative and sometimes novel solution.
Application Link: Click here