Job Opening: Thomas Reuters
PQE: 2 years
About the Job:
The Legal Operations and Technology Coordinator will contribute to the General Counsel’s Office transformation agenda by improving overall legal team workflow, supporting and improving our department’s processes, and helping to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the department. The Coordinator will be a tech-enabled, digital evangelist, who will infuse technology and process to help drive our department and corporation objectives and key results. The Coordinator will be privy to highly confidential information and will have responsibilities that require direct contact with internal and external clients.
- Help to implement, train and drive change with tech and tooling initiatives of various software systems used by the General Counsel’s Office (HighQ, Contract Express, DocuSign, and so much more).
- Assist with the development of systems, policies and processes required for maximum efficiency and consistency across the department.
- Gather and use data to derive insights about our processes, etc.
- Intake various use cases and problem statements from lawyers and legal professionals and define processes or technical solutions to solve for the same
- Assist with outside counsel/eBilling/matter management as is necessary.
- Complete ad-hoc and special projects as requested/required
- Legal Technology Skills – knowledge of and demonstrable experience implementing and/or working with core legal technology tooling such as Matter Management, eBilling, Document Assembly/Automation tools, Document Management, and Knowledge Management.
- Other Technical Skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and especially Excel)
- Communication Skills – ability to write and present clearly to communicate software features to a non-technical audience
- Agility Skills – ability to thrive in an agile, tech-enabled, fast-paced corporate legal department. An understanding and willingness to launch projects with a “good enough” (minimally viable product) approach, and with a spirit of continuous improvement. Must be a great team player.
- Preferred Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Familiarity with the legal industry and the technology trends within it is a strong plus
- Experience with legal technology tools (such as HighQ, Contract Express, Legal Tracker or the equivalents) is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a law firm, corporate legal department or similar
Application Link: Click here