PQE: 6 years
- Bachelor’s degree in Law
- At least 6 years of experience at a law firm and/or legal department of a global corporation
- Significant experience commercial negotiations, preferably in IT/ITeS industry
- Ability to analyze commercial/legal risks and provide advice on specific deals
- Strong understanding of the principles of contract laws
- Ability to collaborate and work within a team
- Ability to independently handle deals and guide the commercial teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English language.
- Excellent business judgment and high level of professionalism
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Display mindset to adapt to new tools and a data-driven culture
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Excel, and related software programsResponsibilities
- Support DXC’s customer aligned attorneys and senior negotiators, including editing, drafting,
- negotiating, conducting legal research, account counseling and preparing deal-governance documentation.
- Provide legal support in respect of new deals that involves review and negotiation of contractual terms and conditions.
- Provide ongoing legal advice to account teams regarding legal implications of specific terms and conditions in existing contracts.
- Provide legal support with respect to complex transition and transformation activities including contract interpretation, document drafting, attending and leading meetings, and responding to key communications.
- Actively support internal stakeholders in connection with resolution of issues or any disputes between an account and a customer and/or third party that are not being handled by internal account support teams.
- Ensure that deals are reviewed and negotiated in accordance with the approved deal governance guidelines.
- Support transactions involving client-specific procurements.
- Report to and pro-actively apprise the Senior Management regarding issues or potential issues related to contracts and account with proposed resolution.
- Coach/mentor junior colleagues, as required.