Job Opening: JP Morgan Chase & Co
Job Role: Technical Product Owner for Legal Core Services
PQE: 6+ years
Some of the things that you can look forward to doing once you are here are:
- Work with Engineering Managers and Architects to identify valuable offerings / services / features for Engineering teams – like Audit Log Service, A/B Testing SDKs, Data Access APIs, Encryption Libraries, CI/CD offerings, Monitoring offerings, Performance Test suites, etc.
- Partner with Product & Engineering Managers (in the US and India) to identify, refine, scope, prioritise high-value features to enable other teams in meeting their commitments.
- Create/build user stories and identify dependencies and parallel work streams.
- Work with one or more product teams, and analysts on running discovery sprints for providing clarity to high-risk & ambiguous items.
- Own the design, validation, and delivery of specific high-impact, high-risk items in the roadmap – along with Technical Architects/Engineers.
- Work towards defining and tracking key product metrics for showcasing the impact of delivered features.
- Run Agile rituals like Feature elaboration/Estimation, release planning, Iteration Planning Meeting, Showcase, etc in partnership with Iteration Managers / Delivery Managers.
- Work with Product team members to help maintain a healthy and well-articulated Product Backlog.
- Ensure that Product artefacts, knowledge repository, KPIs, metrics are well organized, up-to-date and easily accessible by all.
- Help in building a culture of excellence in Product (and value) based thinking.
- Evangelize modern & lean Product practices within the organization.
- Coach, train and mentor analysts and team members to improve the maturity and value of the product practices within the team.
- Manage day-to-day communication with product, delivery, engineering and program management within the organization.
- In partnership with Iteration/Delivery managers, keep key stakeholders informed about progress and potential risk with relevant metrics and reporting.
- Have a relentless focus on customer (developer) and client value, balancing short term with long term.
- Education: Bachelors/Masters degree (preferably in Computer Science)
- Proficient in English language.
- 6+ years of experience working as a hands-on Engineer (Dev/QA).
- 6+ years of experience working with Agile (preferably product) teams as a Business Analyst / Product Owner.
- Good understanding of Software Architecture, REST, Micro-services, Cloud Platform, CI/CD/DevOps practices.
- Demonstrating strong knowledge of and background with Agile & Product Management concepts – like MVP, A/B Testing, Story Maps, Prioritisation Techniques, Road-mapping, Story Slicing, etc.
- Experience collaborating closely with product, engineering, client and UX teams
Nice to have
- Relevant experience in a product organization
- Relevant experience in being part of teams that built software / offerings for internal engineering teams – especially around CI/CD/DevOps/SDLC.
- Relevant experience in data-backed decision making/statistics/market research